Who can participate
Bursaries are available for schools in the National Capital Region that demonstrate financial need to cover the cost of transportation to the Museum’s downtown Ottawa location.
- Bursaries will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Eligible schools may be added to a wait list.
- There will be an even distribution between schools in Ontario and Quebec.
Eligible schools must:
- Bring two classes on one bus to attend a program at the Museum
- Belong to one of the school boards or First Nations in the National Capital Region:
- Algonquins of Pikwàkanagàn First Nation
- Centre de services scolaire au Coeur-des-Vallées
- Centre de services scolaire des Draveurs
- Centre de services scolaire des Hauts-Bois-de-l’Outaouais
- Centre de services scolaire des Portages-de-l’Outaouais
- Kitigan Zibi Anishinabeg First Nation
- Ottawa Carleton District School Board
- Ottawa Catholic School Board
- Conseil des écoles publiques de l’Est de l’Ontario
- Conseil des écoles catholiques du Centre-Est
- Conseil scolaire de district catholique de l'Est ontarien
- Upper Canada District School Board
- Western Québec School Board
The following two free school programs are eligible:
- Trading Planets (Grades 4–8, Elementary Cycle 2 and 3) a roleplay game about trade and the importance of currency.
- Inflation Busters (Grades 10–12, Secondary Cycle 2 and CEGEP) a budgeting simulation that explores how inflation impacts everyday life.
The eligible programs run Mondays from January 30 through April 24.
What to expect
We will contact you by email within three business days after receiving your application.
If your application is successful:
- An exact date and time will be confirmed with Museum staff following the approval of your application. We will do our best to accommodate your requested time slot.
If you need to cancel, please contact us by or phone (613‑782‑8914) at least five days before your booking.
Contact us by or phone (613‑782‑8914).