In this onsite program, travel to Planet Plutopia on a trade mission and discover that trading goods without a common currency poses problems.
In this cooperative learning game, students will trade primary and secondary resources and see the effect that factors such as the environment can have on trade shortages.
Grades 4 to 8; Elementary Cycles Two and Three
Trade is difficult without a common currency. Supply and demand in trade are influenced by outside factors like environmental conditions and labour shortages.
- compare the challenges of trade with and without a common currency
- define and describe primary and secondary resources
- discuss the effects of outside elements (such as the environment) on trade
- Grade 5 Social Studies
- People and environments: the role of government and responsible citizenship
- Grade 6 Social Studies
- People and environments: Canada’s interactions with the global community
- Grade 7 Geography
- Natural resources around the world: Use and sustainability
- Secondary Cycle One - History and citizenship education
- Purpose of trade and the impact of trade on society today
- Currency as a form of public administration and government intervention
- Secondary Cycle Two - History and citizenship education
- Economic activities in the modern era
- Resources as assets and the limitations of a territory
This onsite program runs for approximately 90 minutes.
This onsite program is offered Thursdays and Fridays. The last booking is at 15:00.
All school programs are offered free of charge.
10 to 50 students per program.
Book your visit
or call 613‑782‑8914 to book a visit. Please include the following information in your request:
- date and time of arrival
- number of students and teachers
- program or tour of your choice
- preferred official language
- any accessibility or special needs
We will confirm your booking within five to seven business days.