Please observe a few house rules while visiting the Museum so everybody can make the most of their visit.
Be considerate of other visitors:
- Be nice. Visitors will be asked to leave if they behave in an abusive, disruptive or offensive manner or use threatening language or behaviour.
- Children under age 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Proper attire must be worn while on the museum property. Shirts and shoes must be always worn.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the exhibitions.
- Service animals are permitted, but pets are not. A staff member may request that you present official certification.
- Only artifacts that are specifically for interactive use may be touched. Visitors must not lean on cases.
- Individuals suspected of being intoxicated or under the influence of drugs will be asked to leave.
- Smoking of any kind (including e-cigarettes) is prohibited in the Museum and on the outdoor plaza.
- Large backpacks are not permitted in our galleries or boutique.
- Any actions or symbols that support or commemorate current or historical hate groups are not permitted inside the Museum or on its grounds.
- In the event of any emergency, Bank of Canada or Museum staff will communicate instructions for visitors to follow. Our onsite team is trained in first aid and have immediate access to security and emergency services.