Hours of operation
Thursday to Monday, from 10:00 to 17:00
Note: Closed on Thursday, June 30 and Friday, July 1, 2022.
What you need to know
How to make the most of your visit
- If you want to browse our Boutique, visit before it closes at 16:30.
- Use our cloakroom free of charge.
- Feel free to take photographs in the Museum. Don’t forget to tag us on social media!
Where to find us
Located at 30 Bank Street, at the corner of Bank and Wellington streets, we are at the west end of Parliament Hill and just off the Sparks Street Mall. Look for the glass pyramid structure facing Bank Street.
Be sure to check the City of Ottawa’s traffic map for the most up to date information on road closures.
By public transit
- From Gatineau: Any Société de transport de l'Outaouais (STO) bus with a route passing through downtown Ottawa will take you to the Museum. Exit the bus at the Wellington/Bank Street stop. Please see the STO website for routes and schedules.
- From Ottawa: Take the O-Train Confederation Line to the Parliament stop. Walk west on Queen Street to Bank Street and north to Wellington Street. Please see the OC Transpo website for routes and schedules.
- From Highway 417 eastbound: Take the Kent Street exit and drive north to Wellington Street. Turn right on Wellington and proceed to Bank Street.
- From Highway 417 westbound: Take the Catherine Street exit and travel west on Catherine to Kent Street. Turn right on Kent and drive north to Wellington Street. Turn right on Wellington and proceed to Bank Street.
- From Gatineau: Cross the river on the Portage Bridge and turn left onto Wellington Street. Proceed to Bank Street.
There are a number of public parking lots within easy walking distance as well as street parking in nearby residential areas.