For Autism Awareness Month in April, the Museum will provide a sensory-friendly experience Sunday mornings on April 2, 9, 16 and 23.
Hands-on, sensory-friendly activities will be offered throughout the Museum. Touch and explore some fascinating artifacts with the help of a guide and create a 3D foam sculpture of images from Canadian bank notes.
What to expect
- Reduced ambient sounds
- Additional directional signs
- Noise-cancelling headphones available to borrow at the front desk
- A designated quiet area
When to participate
Visit us Sunday, April 2, 9, 16 and 23 for the following:
- 9:00–10:00: Early Sunday opening for those looking to avoid crowds for our sensory-friendly activities.
- 10:00–12:00: Sensory activities continue during regular Museum hours.
How to prepare for your visit
- Download our social story about visiting the Museum.
- Learn about how we support accessibility and special needs.
- Plan to eat before or after your visit. Food or drink is not permitted in the exhibitions.