School Bursary Program
We’ve launched a bursary program to help schools in the National Capital Region cover the costs of transportation to the Bank of Canada Museum to participate in one of our free school programs. Find out who can apply and what programs are available, and submit an application.
Questions? Contact us.
Who can participate
Schools in the National Capital Region that can demonstrate a financial need can obtain bursaries to cover the cost of transportation to the Museum.
- Bursaries will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Eligible schools may be added to a wait list.
- There will be an even distribution between schools in Ontario and Quebec.
Eligible schools must:
- Belong to one of the school boards or First Nations in the National Capital Region:
- Commission scolaire au Coeur-des-Vallées
- Commission scolaire des Draveurs
- Commission scolaire des Hauts-Bois-de-l’Outaouais
- Commission scolaire des Portages-de-l’Outaouais
- Ottawa-Carleton District School Board
- Ottawa Catholic School Board
- Conseil des écoles publiques de l’Est de l’Ontario
- Conseil des écoles catholiques du Centre-Est
- Conseil scolaire de district catholique de l'Est ontarien
- Upper Canada District School Board
- Western Québec School Board
- Kitigan Zibi Anishinabeg First Nation
- Algonquins of Pikwàkanagàn First Nation
- Provide a signed letter from the principal to demonstrate financial need
- Bring two classes on one bus to attend the program at the Museum
The following two free school programs are eligible:
- Trading Planets (Grades 4–8, Elementary Cycle 2 and 3)
- Inflation Busters (Grades 9–12, Secondary Cycle 2 and CEGEP)
The eligible programs:
- run from September 17 to December 12, Tuesday to Thursday
- are offered in both English and French
- Obtain a signed letter demonstrating financial need from your principal.
- Complete the online application form.
What to expect
We will contact you by email within three business days after receiving your application.
If your application is successful:
- The confirmation email will ask you to reply with the signed letter demonstrating financial need from your principal.
- An exact date and time will be confirmed with Museum staff following the approval of your application. We will do our best to accommodate your requested time slot.
If you need to cancel, please contact us by or phone (613-782-8914) at least five days before your booking.
Contact us by or phone (613-782-8914).