About the exhibition
What’s the difference between credit cards and debit cards? How are bank notes made? Why do prices keep going up?
When we asked kids to submit their questions about money, hundreds of curious minds responded from across the country. We were very impressed with the quality and diversity of questions and are working hard to answer every one of them.
All questions submitted during the contest will be considered for our upcoming exhibition, which will open in summer 2022.
Resources for talking to your kids about money
The Museum has a number of resources to help you keep the conversation going with your kids:
- Check out our blog Understanding Money: Common Questions.
- Practice counting and exchanging coins and bank notes with our printable play money.
- Make grocery shopping an economics lesson: help your kids prepare a meal plan and shop for ingredients based on a budget with our Economics of Suppertime activity.
- Practice making financial decisions by buying clothing and accessories for avatar puppets with our Avatar Market activity.
What happens next
- Contest winners will be chosen at random and will be notified by March 31.
- Once we’ve answered all the questions, we’ll start choosing questions to feature in our Kids’ Questions About Money exhibition. Those kids and classes whose questions are selected will be notified later this year.
- We will start creating the new exhibition with your help. Check back for progress.