A virtual classroom presentation for students in Grade 1 to Grade 6 or Elementary Cycles 1 to 3.
Get your students talking about money with this lively and interactive virtual classroom presentation. This program is not offered onsite.
Money has been used throughout history as an important means of exchange, that is, a way to buy and sell goods and services. The money we use today relies on us all believing in its value.
- Learn the definition of money and the five common characteristics of money.
- Reflect on the form money takes and discover some current and past forms.
- Explore Canada’s current bank notes and coins, getting to know their values and symbolism.
- Grades 4–6: Identify the security features of a Canadian bank note.
- Historical use of money in civilization
- Money used throughout Canadian history
- Symbolism that represents Canada
- Financial literacy—understanding money’s impact on society
- Building a healthy relationship with finances and money
45 minutes to an hour
This virtual presentation is offered on Microsoft Teams.
- Please note that reservations must be made at least 5 business days in advance of the presentation.
- Please note that All About Money is designed for students in grades 1-6.
This program is not offered onsite.
All school programs are offered free of charge.
We require a minimum of 10 students per presentation.
Book your presentation
Before your presentation
- You will receive a Microsoft Teams link.
- Please ensure that you have access to a good internet connection and test your electronic devices beforehand (camera, speakers and microphone).
- Each student should have one sheet of paper and a pen, pencil or crayon.
- Test your link prior to the presentation. Some organizations' security measures block their members from joining external presentations. If you receive a message saying that you cannot join, please contact us immediately by and send us a link. We will then join your link instead.